Primary Care Sheffield has been working together with a range of providers, (including Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield City Council, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and voluntary sector organisations) to develop a new collaborative model for Active Support and Recovery (ASR) to keep people well and out of hospital where appropriate.
The partnership has representation from all sectors and builds on a track record of successful work together, as well as experience and expertise in delivering active support and recovery services.
- It is a primary and community care model, with the GP as the senior clinical decision maker and access to specialist support to keep people at home/ get people home quicker
- Services should work flexibly around the individual patient and be tailored to their level of frailty
- Support is a continuum, not a pathway, based on pre-crisis and ongoing support, crisis and then post crisis
- It brings together support at home, in the neighbourhood and city-wide
- It will achieve transformation without destabilising
Further information can be found on the NHS Sheffield CCG website.