“By drawing on the wealth of knowledge and experience of Sheffield GPs and placing them at the heart of integrated patient care we hope to provide services that reflect local patients needs, and in doing so reducing health inequalities across the city.”
Dr Andy Hilton, CEO
We are a GP led organisation. Our shareholders are 79 GP surgeries in Sheffield covering more than 500,000 patients . This is all the GP surgeries who are eligible to hold a share. We provide a range of services both for patients and general practices, including
- providing a unified voice for primary care and its future development within the health and social care system
- providing education, support and referral guidance to GP practices for 7 outpatient department specialities
- providing evening and weekend appointments, 52 weeks of the year, with GPs and practice nurses at four sites around the city
- directly running 6 GP practices, through 5 APMS and 1 GMS contract, in partnership with Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- supporting and engaging the general practices in the city to work together in local groups
We work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations, including NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield City Council and NHS England.
Our vision and aspiration is that by working together and working in more flexible and innovative ways, we can not only deliver improved access for patients but also improve our working lives.
- We are a General Practice led organisation that whilst engaging with the wider health and social care economy is Primary Care centred.
- We are committed to high quality, patient centred care recognising the importance of the patient voice and of involving patients in the development of services.
- We view General Practice as the cornerstone of patient care and are committed to ensuring that practices have the resources needed to fulfil this role.
- We align our business interests with those of our member practices.
- We are committed to delivering a strong, unified voice whilst also recognising the importance of protecting and supporting localities.We seek to capitalise on the independent provider status of General Practice, making the most of the responsiveness that this offers to innovate and transform care delivery.
- We are committed to a social purpose with any surplus being reinvested into General Practice for the benefit of patient care.