We are a GP-led company set up to support Sheffield’s general practices. Our shareholders are 75 general practices across the city and we also directly run a further seven practices. This gives us full citywide coverage for a population of almost 600,000 people.
We provide a range of services both for patients and general practices, including
- providing a unified voice for primary care and its future development within the health and social care system and are a full member of Sheffield’s Accountable Care Partnership.
- providing education, support and referral guidance to GP practices for 10 outpatient department specialties
- providing evening and weekend appointments, 52 weeks of the year, with GPs, practice nurses, physiotherapist and phlebotomists at six sites around the city
- directly running seven GP practices, through APMS and GMS contracts, in partnership with Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- supporting and engaging the general practices in the city to work together in neighbourhood groupings
We work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations, including NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield City Council and NHS England.
“By drawing on the wealth of knowledge and experience of Sheffield GPs and placing them at the heart of integrated patient care we hope to provide services that reflect local patients needs, and in doing so reduce health inequalities across the city.”
Dr Andy Hilton, CEO
Our vision and aspiration is that by working together and working in more flexible and innovative ways, we can not only deliver improved access for patients but also improve our working lives.
- We are a General Practice led organisation that whilst engaging with the wider health and social care economy is Primary Care centred.
- We are committed to high quality, patient centred care recognising the importance of the patient voice and of involving patients in the development of services.
- We view General Practice as the cornerstone of patient care and are committed to ensuring that practices have the resources needed to fulfil this role.
- We align our business interests with those of our member practices.
- We are committed to delivering a strong, unified voice whilst also recognising the importance of protecting and supporting localities.We seek to capitalise on the independent provider status of General Practice, making the most of the responsiveness that this offers to innovate and transform care delivery.
- We are committed to a social purpose with any surplus being reinvested into General Practice for the benefit of patient care.